YOUR GUEST POST
WHY WRITE IT?
WHAT SHOULD I WRITE ABOUT?
WHO’LL READ IT?
HOW BEST DO I WRITE IT?
WHAT SHOULD I DO WITH MY FINISHED PIECE?
Why write it?
- Your profile: A painless way to get people’s attention, often senior ones; many people will hear about your post and may read it.
- Influence: Persuade and influence without appearing self-promoting or pushy. Send people a link and just add: “Thought you might like to see this”. Simple!
- Share: You’ll be sharing your recent experiences, successes and wisdom with a targeted audience interested in leadership—who knows where that will lead!
- Fly a kite: Try out your ideas, float some proposal, be provocative. Trust the universe to respond positively!
- Collaborate: Invite partnership over some project or issue in ethical leadership. This is the age of collaboration!
What should I write about?
- “Don’t get it right, get it written! You can always refine it later and so can we!
- Write on anything you feel strongly about–just make it relevant to ethical leadership.
- You’ve been invited to write a guest post because I think you’ve something interesting to say! Say it!
- Start with what you most care about right now, a problem, a dilemma, a success
- Choose something important currently on your radar.
Who’ll read it?
- People interested in the topic and ethical leadership.
- We flag up Guest posts in the social media and on specialist interest groups at LinkedIn with some memberships reaching 20,000.
- All your personal contacts and those you want to reach! Circulate the link to the published piece and it also helps build the site—a win/win!
How best do I write it?
- Keep the post short, between 500 to 800 words.
- Some people will read your post on a mobile device. This cramps up text so limit your paragraphs to two or three lines only.
- Our posts go through a wonderful check called AutoCrit.
This highlights writing issues such as clichés, repeated phrases, over-used words and reports on readability. Try this free for up to 500 words, and needs minimal skill. You’ll be surprised at what it uncovers!
- We aim for a high standard of clarity at the site, so expect your post to receive some professional editorial polishing—most people love the result!
What shall I do with my finished piece?
- Send it as a Word document to email@example.com.
- You’ll receive an acknowledgement within a few days.
- Once published you’ll receive a mail saying it’s now live on the site.
- Your post will appear on the Guest Page with your photo and job title, and if suitable, on the home page as a featured blog.
Any other questions? Feel free to ask. Otherwise….
Get writing! I’m really looking forward to hearing from you