YOUR GUEST POST
Why write it?
- Your profile: This is a good way to get people’s attention, often senior ones; many people will hear about your post and may read it.
- Influence: Persuade and influence without appearing self-promoting or pushy. Send people a link and just add: “Thought you might like to see this”. Simple!
- Share: You’ll be sharing your recent experiences, successes and wisdom with a targeted audience interested in leadership—who knows where that will lead!
- Fly a kite: Try out your ideas, float some proposal, be provocative. Trust the universe to respond positively!
- Collaborate: Invite partnership over some project or issue in ethical leadership. This is the age of collaboration![spacer height=”20px”]
Health warning! It is not enough to be a good writer! You need some real knowledge of ethical leadership. Tell us why you are authoritative–for example what else have you written on this topic? All posts are written by people with some real knowledge of ethical leadership or some aspect of it. For example give us 3 links to your most impressive articles on ethics, leadership or ethical leadership.
What should I write about?
- “Don’t get it right, get it written! You can always refine it later and so can we!
- Write on anything you feel strongly about–just make it relevant to ethical leadership.
- You’ve been invited to write a guest post because I think you’ve something interesting to say! Say it!
- Start with what you most care about right now, a problem, a dilemma, a success
- Choose something important currently on your radar.
Who’ll read it?
- People interested in the topic and ethical leadership.
- We flag up Guest posts in the social media and on specialist interest groups at LinkedIn with some memberships reaching 20,000.
- All your personal contacts and those you want to reach! Circulate the link to the published piece and it also helps build the site—a win/win!
How should I write it?
- Keep the post short, between 500 to 800 words.
- Some people will read your post on a mobile device. This cramps up text so limit your paragraphs to two or three lines only.
- Our posts go through a wonderful check called AutoCrit.
This highlights writing issues such as clichés, repeated phrases, over-used words and reports on readability. Try this free for up to 500 words, and needs minimal skill. You’ll be surprised at what it uncovers!
- We aim for a high standard of clarity at the site, so expect your post to receive some professional editorial polishing—most people love the result!
What shall I do with my finished piece?
- Send it as a Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You’ll receive an acknowledgement within a few days.
- Once published you’ll receive a mail saying it’s now live on the site.
- Your post will appear on the Guest Page with your photo and job title, and if suitable, on the home page as a featured blog.
Any other questions? Feel free to ask. Otherwise…. Get writing! I’m really looking forward to hearing from you