Gathering fresh insights and wisdom can keep you on your toes and as a leader help you to better serves others.
For aspiring ethical leaders it’s mainly about mastering the essence of the subject matter, not becoming a world expert. These selected sources contain some of the best insights into Ethical Leadership and its practical implications.
When posted all links were live. Some download the original document, others go to the relevant page on the source site.
If you come across a particularly useful publication concerning ethical leadership drop me a line at email@example.com and I’ll add the link here.
- Lucent Sustainability Report (2011/2012)—an example of a comprehensive approach to running a responsible business
- Best practices, leading trends & expectations of the world’s most ethical companies, Ethisphere,2011
- Bibb, S (2010) The Right Thing: An Everyday Guide to Business Ethics, Wiley
- Complete Guide to Ethics Management: An Ethics Toolkit for Managers
- Craig, E (12 April 2011) Meeting the Ethical Challenges of Leadership, Johnson SAGE Publications, Inc; Fourth Edition
- Critical Elements of an Organizational Ethical Culture, (2006) Ethics Resource Center,
- Ethical Leadership: Fostering an Ethical Environment & Culture, National Centre for Ethics in Health Care,
- Ethics and Employee Engagement Survey, (2009 ) Ethics Resource Centre
- Ethics Resources on line
- Ferrel O, et al (2008) Business Ethics Ethical Decision Making and Cases, South-Western, Cengage Learning,8th edition,
- GeblerIs D, Is your culture a risk factor? (2005)Working Values
- Incorporating ethics into strategy: developing sustainable business models, Discussion paper (February 2010) Chartered Institute of Management Accountants,
- An Ethics Policy and Programme—What are they for?, Institute of Business Ethics, 2013
- Ethical dilemmas and Decision Making Frameworks
- Johnson, C (2012) Meeting the Ethical Challenges of Leadership, Sage Publications Fourth Edition,
- Mitchel, J The Ethical Advantage (2001) Why Ethical Leadership is Good for Business, Centre for Ethical Business Cultures
- National Business Ethics Survey of Fortune 500 Employees, (2012) Ethics Resource Center
- Prudential’s Code of Conduct: Making the Right Choices, Prudential Financial Inc
- Sample codes of ethics for selected companies and industries: Illinois Institute of Technology Center for the Study of Ethics
- Schein, E (2009) The Corporate Culture Survival Guide, Josseybass,
- Steare, R and Stamboulides,P (2008) Who’s Doing the Right Thing? Moral DNA Report
- Stoerger, S Business: Ethics web site of useful resources
- Sullivan, J (2009) The Moral Compass of Companies, International Finance Corporation
- The Ethical Business Guide (2009) How to run your business the right way, Blue Rocket and the Good Folk
- The Ethical Enterprise (2006) Doing the right things in the right ways, today and tomorrow, American Management Association
- The HOW Report New Metrics for a New Reality (2012) Rethinking the Source of Resiliency, Innovation, and Growth, LRN
- The Importance of Ethical Culture (2009) National Business Ethics Survey, Ethics Research Centre
- Thomas, T et al, (2004) Strategic leadership of ethical behaviour in business, Academy of Management Executive, Vol 18, No 2
- Trevino, L and Nelson, K (2011) Managing Business Ethics, Wiley
- Trust (2010) The Behavioural Challenge, PWC Point of View
- U.S.Department of Commerce (2004) Business Ethics: A manual for managing a responsible business enterprise in emerging market economies, Collections
of Codes of Ethics on line
- Webley, S (1 Oct 2003) Developing a Code of Business Ethics: A Guide to Best Practice, Institute of Business Ethics
- World’s most ethical companies methodology
The above list of sources is adapted from the one in Ethical Leadership: Creating and Sustaining an Ethical Business Culture, by Andrew Leigh (Kogan Page 2013).